Refrigeration Equipment Maintenance in Chicago, Illinois
Food safety is critical in a commercial environment, and it depends highly on the proper operation of refrigeration equipment, among other factors. Preventative maintenance ensures that your refrigeration systems can operate efficiently and provide the ideal temperatures for safe food storage.
At General Mechanical, we offer comprehensive maintenance services for commercial refrigeration equipment, as well as convenient, cost-effective maintenance plans. Our expert technicians can service all common refrigeration systems, including unit coolers, air-cooled condensers, fluid coolers, and more. We serve industrial and commercial facilities in Chicago and the surrounding areas, providing quality heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and piping services.
To schedule refrigeration equipment maintenance for your Chicago business, call us today at (847) 695-1177 or contact us online!
Benefits of Refrigeration Equipment Maintenance
Preventative maintenance is essential to the efficiency, performance, and longevity of commercial refrigeration equipment. By being vigilant and providing regular maintenance services, your business can enjoy several benefits:
- Increased service life of your refrigeration equipment
- Reduced energy consumption and utility costs
- Fewer service calls and unnecessary repairs
- Lower risk of breakdowns and malfunctions
- Improved food safety and quality
- Compliance with health regulations
To learn more about how routine maintenance can help improve the performance of your Chicago refrigeration equipment, contact our experts at General Mechanical today!
What Is a Maintenance Plan?
Maintenance plans offer a cost-effective way to provide the maintenance your refrigeration equipment needs on a consistent schedule. When your business signs up for one of our maintenance programs, our technicians will evaluate the refrigeration equipment at your facility and develop a custom maintenance protocol that covers each system. Once the plan is complete, our technicians will visit your facility at the intervals designated in the maintenance agreement, performing a full inspection of your refrigeration equipment and complete all routine maintenance tasks. With a maintenance program, you can leave the scheduling and service to us, while you focus on operating your business.
Contact us today to learn more about our custom maintenance programs or to sign up!
Our Chicago Refrigeration Equipment Maintenance Services
At General Mechanical, we recommend two service visits a year for most refrigeration equipment. The maintenance services will vary depending on the type of equipment, but a typical service visit will include tasks like:
- Measuring operating temperatures
- Cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils
- Cleaning fans and verifying operation
- Lubricating motor bearings
- Inspecting electrical wires, terminals, and contacts
- Checking compressor oil sight glass
- Measuring compressor and fan currents
- Testing start capacitor and relay
- Measuring refrigerant pressures
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Inspecting refrigerant lines
- Checking moisture sight glass
- Cleaning drain pans
- Checking for corrosion, oil leaks, or water leaks
- Checking for unusual vibrations or noise
- Calibrating and testing timers, controls, safety systems
- Cleaning gaskets and seals
- Tightening flare fittings
To learn more about the maintenance requirements of your refrigeration equipment, contact us today!
Schedule Refrigeration Equipment Maintenance in Chicago, IL
With maintenance being so critical for your refrigeration equipment, it is logical to make it as easy as possible. At General Mechanical, our maintenance programs take care of the process automatically, ensuring your equipment remains in peak condition.
Contact us today to schedule refrigeration equipment maintenance in the Chicago area!